Owner Surrender Process
As a breed-specific rescue we will only accept huskies and husky-mixes with-in 4 hours of Chicago, Illinois.
As a rescue, our priority is the best interest of the dog and what we feel is right for them. This, may at times, conflict with what you may feel is right or in the best interest of your dog. Please READ the following guidelines before you submit your Request for Owner Surrender.
- We will need a copy of all veterinary records.
- There is no cost to enter the program, but a donation to the Rescue is greatly appreciated.
- Once your application is received, Forever Husky will review your application and contact you to discuss in greater detail the need to rehome your dog.
- We may deny / revoke your request at any time during this program.
Application Approved, what's next
- We post your dog to our website and the partners we work with.
- You agree to keep and care (including their medical expenses) of your dog while we are transitioning them to their new forever home.
- All requests received to adopt your dog must be made through Forever Husky. We will screen the potential adopters using the same guideliness we use for dogs in our care and we reserve the right to deny applications to adopt your dog because they do not fit within our guidelines.
- You agree to work with us to schedule a “Meet and Grees” with a potential adopter and one of our volunteers
- The adopter will be signing our adoption contract and paying an adoption fee to Forever Husky. Also, at the time of adoption, your Husky will always have a safe place with Forever Husky in case they get lost or any other unfortunate reasons
If your dog is missing any of the following, the adoption fee we get from the adopter helps cover these costs.
- Up-to-date with the following vaccinations: Rabies, Bordetella, and Distemper/Parvo
- Must be Spayed or Neutered
- Recently tested for heartworm and on a heartworm preventative
- Microchipped - inserting or updating it, so that if they are ever lost, they have a safe way of getting home.
Working together to prevent euthanasia.
DO YOU AGREE to these terms as outlined above?
NO - If you are unable to agree to these terms but would like to discuss releasing your dog to Forever Husky we will consider it on a case by case basis, depending on space available. Please go to our contact us page to fill out a request.
Think before you decide
If you still are deciding to drop your dog off at the shelter instead of working with Forever Husky or another Rescue, we at least ask you to watch this video of what "TRULY" happens at the shelter and why we developed this program, thank you.
Video accredited to: Withering Lotus